Speaking Engagements (Invited Speaker)
The following are overview of Sylvia Kierkegaard's activities as Keynote Speaker and Pannelist. Due to her numerous activities and engagements, only activities from 2008 to present date have been cited.
May: Sylvia Kierkegaard was invited to give a lecture on the''Present State and Future Developments in EU Data Privacy and Protection and Info-Network Security" at Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, one of the worlds leading technical universities.
Sylvia is a recipient of an EU grant to conduct a visualization and privacy study in Israel.
This project aims to understand how information flows within and between the health provider organisations and patients and a way of identifying vulnerabilities that compromise privacy of health data .
Visualisation will provide a clear identification of the explicit structure of patient's record data. Adopting new, tech-enabled health care approaches which can deliver high quality, patient-centric, healthcare to EU citizens requires trust and assurance in the system.
• January. Speaker and Panellist, Ankara Bar Congress
• Keynote Speaker, 16th Eurasia Summit session on information and communication technologies http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/coordination-a-must-for-cyber-defense-say-informatics-leaders.aspx?pageID=238&nID=44760&NewsCatID=481
• Speaker and moderator, Workshop on IPR, INPR Court, Bangkok
• Keynote speaker on 21-22 June 2012 at the Digital Agenda Assembly of the European Commission Department of Information Society and Media and the European Parliament .
http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/digital-agenda/daa/ . Within the Assembly, an Internet Security Workshop, "Secure Digital Future: building on growth, innovation and confidence" will take place.
• April 27 - May 1 Utrecht, Chair EU Workshop on Cultural Heritage, Private Law and IPR from a global and EU-China Perspective.
• May 17 Sydney (Keynote Speaker on Cybercrime Prevention) organised by Internet Fraud Assn., Australian Police and International Association of Cybercrime Prevention (http://cybercrime-fr.org/index.pl/flyer)
• May 24 Gave series of Lecture for the Perth Judiciary
• May 22, Keynote speaker on Copyright, Patent, Trademark for the Perth Judiciary conference
• July Summer School Chairman- organized by University of Vienna Economics, University of Gottingen, University of Hamburg, Utrecht University
• September 19-25, Chairman Conference (public law, private law, trade law ) in Greek Cyprus www.lspi.net
• September 26, Chair , workshop in Turkish Cyprus for the Supreme Court on Regulating Cyberspace
• October 15, Lecture in Beijing for 3 universities: Beijing Normal University, Communication University of China and Renmin University
• October 16, Keynote Speaker, World Congress of Forensics, Chongqing China http://www.bitlifesciences.com/wcf2011/
• October 17, Workshop Chairman for the CASS, China Supreme Court
• Oct. 18, Workshop Chairman, HK University of China
• Oct. 19, Workshop Chairman, University of Macau
• December 13 -14, 2011, Panel Chairman, "Challenges in Cybersecurity - Risks, Strategies, and Confidence-Building" organised by the Comparative Public Law, Free University of Berlin, Institute for Peace Research and Security Policy at the University of Hamburg (IFSH), United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research, Geneva (UNIDIR) and the Federal Foreign Office, Berlin.
• Key Speaker, Ankara Bar Congress January 11-16, 2010 http://www.turk.internet.com/portal/yazigoster.php?yaziid=26455 Interviewed on 3 national television channels for 45 minutes
• Conference Chairman and Speaker, Cyberconference, Netherlands Antilles Feb.10-15,2010, http://www.iaria.org/conferences2010/CYBERLAWS10.html
• Key Speaker, International Information Marketing Assn. Conference, Texas March,2010
• Key speaker, Famagusta Law Conference May 7-9, 2010 North Cyprus
• Chairman, Hans Bredow-Max Planck Workshop on IP Law:" Regulating IPR , Hamburg May 16-21
• Speaker, Panellist, ESF Strategic Workshop on Cybersecurity June 7-8, 2010 Budapest Hungary at http://www.cmcs.ceu.hu/cybersecurity/main
• Speaker, China IP Summer School Program August 15- Sept. 5 in X'ian, Nanjing and Shanghai See www.coreach-ipr.org
• Key Speaker, Cybercrime Conference Brazil for ILA Oct.16 -18, 2010 www.iccrime.com.br/ila
• Chairman, Speaker, IPL Conference Barcelona Nov. 2-5, 2010 www.lspi.net
• Key Speaker , Social Networking workshop, Finland, November 2010-05-30
• Chairman, co-Reach Workshop on IPR and ISP Liability , London December 7, 2010, www.coreach-ipr.org
• Chairman, co-Reach Workshop on IPR and Collective Society, Data Base, and Jurisdiction, Vienna December 10 – 15, 2010 , www.coreach-ipr.org
• Key Speaker, EU Medforist Project under the auspices of Princess Sumaya of Jordan
• April 27, 2009 , Key Speaker and Moderator , Workshop on Digital Convergence and Cyberlaw, Malaysian Centre of Regulatory Studies
• Key Speaker, 5TH Media Economics and City Development Conference, CUC, Beijing. Participation by over 50 mayors of China May 30, 2009.
• Co-Reach Workshop, CASS, Beijing, August, 2009
• Key Speaker, First International Workshop on Transborder Commercial Law, University of South Africa and Nedbank Oct. 19-20, 2009 www.unisa.ac.za/transborderworkshop
• Welcome Speech, 4th Legal Security Privacy Conference and 3rd Intl. Law and Trade Conference, Malta Nov. 3-5, 2009 www.lspi.net
• Panel with Interpol, EU Data Protection Commissioner and Eurojust regarding privacy issues under the 3rd Pillar, Brussels, Belgium http://www.cpdpconferences.org/
• The conference was funded by the EU Commission, European Data Protection Office, Tilburg University and University of Namur.
• Key speaker. The Ankara Bar Congress attended by over 4000 judges, ministers and lawyers in Turkey http://www.hukukkurultayi.org/eng/2008.html
• Key Speaker , the International Information Management Association (http://www.iima.org/index.html). This is a US- based group of academics within the marketing and economic fields. Intl. Conference 2008
• Pannelist, Council of Europe, International E Participation and Local Democracy Symposium, London February 25-26, 2008 http://www.empowerment-symposium.com/
• Key Speaker and Pannelist, Council of Europe, Madrid on 15-17, October 2008 http://www.coe.int/t/e/integrated_projects/democracy/02_Activities/D_Democracy_Forum_2008/Presentations_Madrid08.asp#TopOfPage
• Welcome Speech, 3rd IBLT Conference, New York www.iblt.eu June, 2008
• Welcome Speech, 3rd LSPI Conference Prague, Czech Republic September, 2008, www.lspi.net
• Key Speaker, EU- China Joint Workshop Organised by the EU Commission and the Chinese Ministry of Information and Industry. November, 2008 Beijing